CNLCP® Mission, Vision and Purpose
The Certified Nurse Life Care Planner (CNLCP®) Certification Board serves by ensuring all certifications and renewals meet established criteria and that decisions made by the Certification Board are taken in accordance with established bylaws and guidelines.
The Certification Board further serves by recognizing nurses who maintain continued levels of competency as a certified nurse life care planner, while holding the highest regard for privacy and confidential information and does not discriminate against any person.
The Mission of the Certified Nurse Life Care Planner (CNLCP®) Certification Board is to ensure a nursing certification process that validates qualifications and knowledge obtained through professional education and experience in the specialty of nurse life care planning.
Recognizing and respecting the unequaled excellence in the mark of CNLCP® credential, nurse life care planners will seek it, managers will require it, employers will support it and the public will demand it.
- Establish criteria and direct the Initial Certification Process and Re-certification Process for nurse life care planners.
- Direct and maintain the national certification examination.
- Develop the item writing and test content for certification consistent with evidence specialty standards for nurse life care planning.
- Develop criteria and oversee the approval process for Core Curriculum Providers and Continuing Education Providers of education programs for the certified nurse life care planner.
- Address any public concerns with regards to certified nurse life care planners.
- Direct the application process for CNLCP® accreditation by the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC).
Are you ready to expand your nursing career?
Get in touch with the CNLCP® Certification Board and inquire how becoming a Certified Nurse Life Care Planner can take your nursing career in a new direction.