The following entities offer Life Care Planning programs:
This list is not a complete and comprehensive list. Therefore, registered nurses should consider life care plan core programs that include the Nursing Process, as well as the core Nurse Life Care Planner topics listed in the resources in the CNLCP® Handbook as prepared by the Certified Nurse Life Care Planners (CNLCP®) Certification Board.
The core topics include Life Care Planning, Spinal Cord Injuries, Burns and Amputations, Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury, Neonatal and Pediatric Injuries/Illnesses, Chronic Pain and Life Care Plan Construction.
PLEASE NOTE: Regarding Examination Preparation Products
- The CNLCP® Certification Board does not offer a practice test for the CNLCP® certification exam, nor is it necessary in order to be eligible to sit for the CNLCP® exam.
- The use of practice examinations and/or examination preparation materials does not imply successful performance on the CNLCP® exam.
- The CNLCP® Certification Board has no association with vendors of examination preparation products and does not endorse those products. Any claims to knowledge of the CNLCP® exam contents are false. A vendor’s use of the CNLCP® Certification Board’s registered mark (CNLCP®) does not indicate CNLCP® endorsement of its products.
- The use of practice examinations and/or examination preparation materials does not give an advantage over candidates who do not choose to use them.
- The use of practice examinations and/or examination preparation materials is not the only or preferred route to adequate preparation for the CNLCP® certification exam.